Turmeric Hair Removal: Does It Really Work?
Have you heard of turmeric? How about turmeric hair removal? If your answer to both is a big "NO" and you are looking for a way to get rid of that freaky fuzz you're currently sporting, then you're in for an enlightening read. Go on... continue.
People say that...
“A woman's hair is her crowning glory.”
But what if it's not on her head but on her... face?!
Your initial reaction to that imagery is probably a pained cringe, right? Well, you're not the only one who thinks so. No woman would want to sport that kind of hair! No matter how healthy and shiny it might be because you’ve been taking superfoods such as chlorella or jojoba. Yep, facial hair is definitely not a good accessory for women.
This is why women all over the world have spent billions on all kinds of procedures just to remove facial hair. Among the most common ways they resort to are laser hair removal, waxing, electrolysis, plucking, and shaving.
But, did you know that there’s a common herb — one you probably have in your kitchen right now — that’s very effective in removing facial hair? No, it’s not honey or any other sticky condiment. Here’s a hint: It’s a cousin of the spicy ginger. You guessed it. It’s turmeric!
Before we tell you how to use turmeric for getting rid of those pesky facial hair, let’s first tackle what causes facial hair in the first place.
What Causes Facial Hair in Women?
The most common causes of facial hair in women is because of a condition called Hirsutism. This medical condition happens when a woman has elevated levels of male sex hormones, usually testosterone. A woman with this condition has excess hair in areas where they typically appear in men, such as in the face, chest, and back.
Now, biologically speaking, men and women both have these three sex hormones:
- Estrogen - the main female sex hormone
- Progesterone - the secondary female sex hormone
- Testosterone - the main male sex hormone
It’s just that for women, they have more estrogen than testosterone while men have more testosterone than estrogen. Progesterone is a secondary female sex hormone and is a sort of “third wheel” in the sex hormone game. It is nonetheless an important hormone as it helps balance the effects of estrogen in both genders.
Now that we've talked about what causes unwanted fuzz in women, let's proceed to the crux of the matter, shall we? How do we use the humble turmeric herb in removing facial hair?
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a yellow spice that's commonly used for cooking. And as we've mentioned, it is a cousin of ginger and it’s the very spice that gives yellow curry its color. Now, it may seem like a strange ingredient for enhancing beauty, but it has long been used by Indian women to aid them in many ways concerning the skin.
In fact, the turmeric hair removal method is quite popular with Indian women. You see, there are compounds in this particular superfood that remove unwanted hair as well as inhibit its re-growth. How do they use it? They turn it into paste.
When turmeric paste is applied to the skin, it can stick like mild glue. And when it is scrubbed or wiped off, the hair comes off along with it, usually from the roots. If you do this regularly, the process actually lessens hair growth over time. And when some hair does grow back, they will be finer.
Now, on to this article's pièce de résistance...
The Many Amazing Turmeric Hair Removal Recipes
Raring to get rid of all that unwanted hair? Well, let’s get started! But first, if you want to have healthier skin or if you want to prevent premature aging, try Life Essentials Superfood Drink — a superfood organic drink that promotes the anti-aging process and more thanks to acerola cherry and blueberries, two of its 14 superfood contents.
Without further ado, here are a few tried and tested recipes that you can experiment with at home.
- Simply mix together 3 teaspoons turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon milk. Mix well until you get a thick paste.
- Next, spread the paste evenly on the area you want to work on. Make sure you apply the paste in the same direction as your hair growth. Leave it on for about 20 minutes or until dry.
- Afterward, use a clean dry washcloth to scrub your skin. Make sure you use gentle circular motions to remove the paste.
- With regular application of this turmeric paste, you will see results in a few months. Your hair will grow finer and will take longer to grow back. Eventually, no more hair will grow.
Exfoliating Turmeric Hair Removal Face Mask
Exfoliating regularly is a great skin care habit. This particular procedure is painless and easy, and you will notice its effects gradually. The turmeric powder and the salt work together in thinning out the hair growth. And as a bonus, this paste works as a great exfoliating mask as well.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup cold milk, ½ cup gram flour, 2 tablespoons turmeric powder, and 1 tablespoon salt. Mix everything thoroughly, until you form a smooth paste. If the mixture is runny, go ahead and add some turmeric powder until you get the right consistency.
- Next, apply the turmeric paste over the area where you want to remove facial hair. Make sure to rub in the paste in circular motions. Do this for about 5-10 minutes or until the paste dries.
- After, rinse off the paste with warm water.
- Finally, pat the area dry with a clean towel.
Cleansing Turmeric Face Scrub
This thick paste is quite effective with some stubborn or heavy facial hair. Along with the unwanted hair, this paste has cleansing properties, which helps relieve your face and skin of bacteria and other impurities.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1 tablespoon of gram flour. Apply the paste in the direction of the hair growth. However, make sure to scrub in the opposite direction.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat with a clean dry towel.
Brightening Turmeric Face Mask
Want to make your face look lighter and youthful... and remove unwanted facial hair at the same time? Then this mask is for you!
- In a small saucepan, mix in half a bowl of sugar with 1 cup water. Boil the mixture until you form a sticky syrup. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- After, add in 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir in everything completely to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste evenly on your entire face. With circular motions, massage in the paste to your skin for around 5 minutes. Let it dry.
- Next, rinse off the mask with lukewarm water.
Note: This treatment can be done 2-3 times a week for optimum results.
Although turmeric is effective in removing fine hairs, it may not be as efficient on dense or heavy hair.
Also, when you use turmeric on your skin, it has a powerful staining ability. But don't worry, that yellow hue is not permanent, and you can easily remove it. What you can do to remove the yellow stain on your skin is to gently scrub the area with some baking soda mixed with soap. You can also use a cotton ball dipped in milk, if you don't like the baking soda and soap mixture.
How to Get a Youthful Glow on Skin
Okay, so you’ve found a great organic solution to remove facial hairs. That’s good. But have you found a solution to improve your skin complexion and heighten the anti-aging process? If you haven’t, then you should get to know the superfoods that are good for the skin.
For those who are not familiar about it, superfoods are extremely rich with micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals that will boost your health. They are your ultimate source of nourishment to keep your body strong and protected against diseases. Among the foods that can be classified as such are vegetables, fruits, and herbs, including fish and dairy.
Although you can get most of the superfoods like blueberries and artichokes from the grocery store, there is one easier way for you to get all the superfoods that you need — and that is Life Essentials, a superfood powdered formula.
Life Essentials Superfood Drink is the most complete organic superfood formula in the market. This amazing superfood drink contains 14 of the potent superfoods in the world such as artichokes, blueberries, and green tea.
Besides its high nutritional value, the best thing about it is that you can add it to smoothies, juice, oatmeal, yogurt, or even water — the possibilities are endless! Plus, it only takes you less than 5 minutes to prepare, so it’s great for everyone who’s always on the go.
What People Say About Life Essentials
Want to get started with the most complete organic superfood formula? Then, get your first Life Essentials Superfood Drink and take your first step towards a healthier and more sustainable life.